Thursday, May 16, 2013

Almost there....

It is almost Friday!!  Love it :) Except tomorrow will be extremely crazy!!  Springboard Pilates at 8:00AM with the lovely Miss Ashley!  Work right after until 3PM, then judging cheer tryouts from 4:00PM to 8:00PM with my little sister and best friend Shannon!  It will be fun but super long!

Anyway....I am getting ahead of myself.  I should be talking about today!  So, it was about 55 degrees this morning (with no rain-yes!), which meant my mom and I could go on our 2 mile walk...at 6:15AM - I know, we're insane!  When we came back I had my...you guessed it...Healthy Peanut Butter Cup!  MMM!  And after I got ready for work we made a smoothie in the Vitamix - but i forgot pictures :(  It was delicious, but interesting - we had to use the fruit and veggies we had left, so here is our smoothie: a handful of strawberries, a handful of grapes, a handful of carrots, an orange (peeled), and some ice and lemon juice.  It was good...it was pink :) and a little tart haha because of my great idea to add lemon juice AFTER my mom put in the orange!  I would drink it again though.  We did buy lots of fruit during our lunch break today though: pineapple, seedless red grapes, pears, and peaches...so a lot more smoothies will be coming your way - with pictures!  It's hard to get used to documenting everything ;)

I was so hungry when lunch came around!  The place we bought our fruit also has a grill.  The special today was a grilled tomato basil chicken sandwich with fresh mozzarella and spinach.  My mom and I both ordered the sandwich on whole wheat.  The sandwich was very flavorful, but a tad messy haha cheese strings everywhere!  I enjoyed a Cacao Nib Truffle for dessert - so predictable.

One super exciting thing today was being told to go on a Menchie's run!  And for those who don't know, it's one of those millions of frozen yogurt places popping up everywhere!  You know...8-12 different flavors, an endless amount of toppings ranging from fresh fruit to candy bars to chocolate sauce to sea salt, and you build it yourself!!  I grabbed a cup and went straight for the no-sugar strawberry banana - I only fill my cup about a third of the way - I then topped it with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cherries (citrus has no right to be an option for my frozen yogurt).  It was delicious!  I made my boss the same thing but a lot bigger haha - he's a boy so they always eat more.

On the way to Menchie's, I decided to take the scenic route - aka the long way - through the Cleveland Metroparks Brecksville Reservation.  It was the perfect day...sunny, warm, blue sky, and green trees everywhere!  I did not want to stop driving.  I wish I could've kept going.  It was a nice distraction from work anyway.
This is a glimpse of what I was surrounded by :)

Two more fun things today!  1. I did a round-off back handspring outside at work.  I know, weird - but my friend Ashley (my Pilates buddy and coworker) asked me to because the cheerleaders would not leave me alone last night until I did two!  That was a nice accomplishment because I was in jeans :)  2.  I toke a Pilates Core with Mat and Props for the first time - with Ashley at The Movement Factory.  The Movement Factory now has an introductory rate of $15 for one weeks worth of unlimited class - and we are taking full advantage!  The workout was 50 minutes of Pilates using a yoga mat, a Pilates mini stability ball, a Pilates magic circle, a stability ball, and a foam roller.  I really enjoyed the workout.  My abs feel especially nice.  I struggled a little with some of the moves because I have always taken classes or have had coaches where my back is supposed to be flat on the ground with no space and butt tucked...and in this class I kept being reminded to have a little space between my back and the ground and basically stick my butt out a bit.  It was a weird feeling, but I got used to it.

I guess I had another pretty busy day and tomorrow is coming faster than I realize.  I am excited for tomorrow and ready for it to be over with!  I am so nervous for Springboard Pilates tomorrow!   Ahh - thanks Ash for getting me into this.  I hope I live to tell you all about the class :)  I am also looking forward to getting tryouts over with and meeting my new squads!!  And the second Penguins game tomorrow!!  Too much excitement to sleep...but I must :)  Have to be up early to meet Ash!

Good night, all!  And pray for me!


Have you ever tried Pilates?  What kind?

What do you like on your frozen yogurt?

What do you put in your smoothies?

No comments:

Post a Comment