Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup for Breakfast?!!

Yes...you read that right!  Well...sort of :) But before I get into my daily breakfast choice - which is my favorite breakfast ever - I want to back track to my workout last night.  I did the the Bikini Bottom workout from Shape Magazine.  The workout has seven different moves that follow 3 to 5 minutes of a warm-up (light jogging, jumping jacks, something to get your heart going), because of how late it was I decided to go straight into the workout.  I pretty much enjoyed the workout, but the last move - Rear Attitude - was my absolute favorite!  When this move is done right you can feel your bottom tightening for sure!  Bikini bottom here I come!

Now on to my favorite breakfast...more like a morning-time dessert :)  Now remember I am not a huge sweets person...so my version is perfect for me, but someone else might want to add more honey or sprinkle on some Stevia or coconut (personal preferences).  Anyway, I basically eat a healthy and filling version of a Reese Cup!  And I do not eat Reese Cups - 3 reasons: 1. milk chocolate, 2. I cannot eat any peanut butter unless it is all-natural, and 3. They possibly have GMO's, and definitely an ingredient I cannot pronounce....what's up with that?!

Jessica's Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Breakfast

Ingredients:  
1/2 cup oatmeal (whatever style you prefer)
Unsweetened Vanilla or Chocolate (or any) Almond Breeze (or any low-fat milk or milk substitute)
1 tbsp protein powder (I prefer RAW chocolate)
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter (or any peanut butter you like)
local organic honey
cinnamon 
a taller ceramic or glass bowl

Step 1: Gather your ingredients


Step 2: Put 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds and 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds into bowl
Step 3: Pour almond milk into bowl (I usually fill it up a fourth of the way)

Step 4: Pour in a half cup of oats


Step 5: Put in microwave - I begin with a minute and if I take the bowl and I see milk seeping up the side when I tilt the bowl I will keep microwaving in 15 to 30 second increments until the milk is pretty much soaked into the oats

Step 6: Put in 1 tbsp protein powder, 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, a few shakes of cinnamon, and a small drizzle of honey and mix



Step 7: Put in 1/2 tbsp of all-natural peanut butter and mix

Finished product: peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness!!

Add a complimenting beverage:
Steelers fan btw :)

I enjoyed my oatmeal with a nice glass of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze this morning!  I did get  75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal from my Aunt for Christmas - seriously awesome gift (and don't tell her but I haven't used a lot of the recipes because it is hard for me to get away from my Healthy Peanut Butter Cup)!  I have decided that Wednesday will be "What's In My Bowl Wednesday" - I will try a new oatmeal recipe from this book every Wednesday for 75 Wednesdays!! I will let you know how it goes and if I like it, and will include step-by-step instructions.  I am definitely excited!  So thank you in advance, Aunt J :) - you have inspired my What's It Wednesdays for the next 75 weeks!

Well, it's getting late and I need to get ready for bed - I completed my workout (that I've been doing since 8th grade - with tweaks and add-ins along the way, but still the same structure - will share that another day) while watching the rest of the Penguins game and enjoying a win!  

Have a good night and LET'S GO PENS!

What do you eat for breakfast?

Any oatmeal recipes you think I should add to my 75 weeks?

What moves or workouts have you kept consistent?




No comments:

Post a Comment