Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIMBW and WIAW!!


So it is WIMBW and WIAW :)   And the first -real- day of my 75 Wednesdays of Oatmeal!  How exciting!  I usually forget to prepare myself for what's to come, so I chose a recipe this morning.  My first oatmeal recipe from 75 Ways to Love Your Oatmeal by Jenny Grothe is The 1st Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (The Original) - This was her first baked oatmeal and is now my first baked oatmeal.  I was actually kind of skeptical because it called the use of egg whites and when I think of egg whites and oatmeal, I think RAW eggs - not even thinking about the fact that I am baking the oatmeal!  The two main reasons for choosing this recipe: 1. I had all the ingredients already, and 2. It was one of the lowest calorie choices.

So...I am super excited to share my WIMBW and how I actually modified The 1st Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (The Original) into Jessica's 1st Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (My Original).  I do not want to post a picture of her recipe because this one is not offered for free on Jen-Fit's Playground, so I will post my pictures and steps and explain what I did instead.

Jessica's 1st Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (My Original)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup water
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
drizzle of organic local honey
10-12 frozen blueberries
Oven-safe bowl

Step 1: preheat oven to 350

Step 2: Combine 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 cup water in oven-safe bowl

Step 3: Add 2 egg whites.

Step 4: Add 1/2 tsp baking powder.

Step 5: Sprinkle some cinnamon.


Step 6: Drizzle some honey.


Step 7: Add blueberries 


Step 8: Mix and put in oven for 30 minutes.


While I waited I thought that this oatmeal would not be filling enough since I didn't put my protein powder or peanut butter in it - so I decided to have my Greek yogurt - all 18g of protein - with some of MY granola haha I mean I was starving and had to wait 30 minutes!!
Obviously very filling and delicious!! 

So after my Greek yogurt and catching up with some GMA, my oatmeal was finally finished!!  It had a little more liquid than I would prefer so I put it in the microwave for 1 minute.  This was the final product:
Jessica's 1st Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (My Original) with some unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze, of course! It was very delicious and I would definitely make in a bigger batch - like 5x the original serving size - to either share or freeze.  I would definitely recommend checking this book out :)

Here are more pictures for WIAW:

Grilled chicken and wedding soup for lunch and


For dinner My pumpkin protein bar with unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze.

I obviously had snacks throughout the day :)

Now, I am currently at the airport with Shan for our Tampa trip, so no new posts until Monday :( I know it will be tough, but definitely worth the wait.  It will  be all about the crazy and new workouts we are trying and the awesome food we will be eating! 

Stay posted and have a great Memorial Day weekend!!


What should I try for my next oatmeal bake?

What are you doing to celebrate Memorial Day weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment