Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIMBW?!

Happy WIMBW!  Today's "What's In My Bowl Wednesday" is was so delicious!!  I ate (almost) the entire bowl :)  I had Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal from Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal.  Now, obviously I made my own modifications.  I rarely ever agree with every ingredient in recipes - and that's okay.  I know what I like and what I don't like, and I don't eat what I don't like.  So, here is my recipe for Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal - if you would like to check out Jenny Grothe's recipe, you will have to check her book ;)

Jessica's Healthy Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal

Preheat oven to 350

Ingredients:

1/2 banana
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup water or milk - I like any flavor of Unsweetened Almond Breeze
1 egg white
1 tbsp protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 dashes of cinnamon
drizzle of honey
6 walnut halves
1/2 tbsp my Vitamix all-natural peanut butter
oven-safe bowl

Step 1: Mash the banana in an oven-safe bowl

Step 2: Add the oats

Step 3: Add the water - I ran out of my Unsweetened Almond Breeze :(

Step 4: Add the egg white, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and honey

Step 5: Add the walnut halves and mix!

Step 6: Put in oven for 30 minutes (and do something productive - I showered for work)
The picture-perfect Healthy Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal

I loved this oatmeal bake so much!!  I will definitely make this again.  It will be perfect for family weekends, sleepovers, brunches, or any kind of shower.  This oatmeal smelled like I have been baking banana bread all day.  I loved the taste and texture.  The cinnamon and honey really adds to the flavor.  This oatmeal was very filling and I couldn't bring myself to finish the last 3 bites.  I definitely recommend trying this oatmeal bake - either mine or the Jenny Grothe version.  If you like banana bread, I think you will be completely satisfied.

And for WIAW, I had a grilled romaine and artichoke heart salad with grilled shrimp from Ken Stewart's Lodge.  I just love that salad - next time I am going to try it with grilled salmon!  For my afternoon snack I had Whole Foods 365 Greek Yogurt with cinnamon and chia seeds mixed in and topped with Jessica's Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Granola.  I was on the run non-stop after work, so for dinner I had another Quest Bar - the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - my new favorite Quest Bar!  I then ate one of my homemade protein bars after I came home from an hour and a half meeting.  I think for my What I Ate Wednesday, I did a pretty good job of being healthy.

Now I need to workout and get to bed.  Goodnight!!


What did you eat on WIAW?

Have your tried an oatmeal bake year?

What do you have for snacks at work?








No comments:

Post a Comment