Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy WIMBW and WIAW!

Hello everyone :) Happy WIMBW and WIAW!! It's one of my favorite days of the week again!  Or it was until I couldn't go to Walnut Wednesday :(  I had training from 10:30 to 12:30ish, 1:30-3:40, and 4:00 to 5:00.  It was a very long day, but ended up being a pretty good one, anyway!  Because, I just love WIMBW!!  I am always looking forward to my new oatmeal recipe of the week :)  For those of you catching up, WIMBW stands for "What's In My Bowl Wednesday" - I am using Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal and Other Treats, Tips & Tricks, to expand my love for oatmeal over the next 75 weeks.  I realize how long this will span over, but I am excited about every recipe I try and I am enjoying looking forward to the middle of the week.

Today I chose Choconana Baked Oatmeal from Jenny Grothe's book.  I chose this recipe because I already make My Healthy Chocolate Peanut Buttercup Oatmeal and figured this will be easy with my limited morning - I have to leave the house by 6:40AM on Wednesdays.  So, as I always seem to do, I made some modifications to this recipe to fit with my style of eating.

Jessica's Choconana PB Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

oven-proof bowl
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp ground flax 
1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 tsp baking powder
drizzle honey
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp RAW chocolate protein powder
3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 banana, sliced
1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
3 tbsp low-sugar Greek yogurt
sprinkle cinnamon

Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350

Step 2: Add 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp ground flax, and 1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut to an oven-proof bowl

Step 3: Add 1/2 cup oatmeal

Step 4: Add 1/4 tsp baking powder

Step 5: Add drizzle of honey

Step 6: Add 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp RAW chocolate protein powder 

Step 7: Add 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

Step 8: Add sliced banana and mix

Step 9: Divide peanut butter and place throughout the top of oatmeal mixture

Step 10: Top with 3 tbsp, divided, Greek yogurt

Step 11: Sprinkle with cinnamon

Step 12: Bake for 30 minutes

So, the verdict is....I absolutely love this oatmeal bake!  I think someone has a new favorite oatmeal bake recipe - and yes, that would be yours truly!  I love the addition of the Greek yogurt topping and baking my already lovely oatmeal makes it even better!  I love how it is kind of similar to having an individual loaf of banana bread, but in a healthy, dessert form.  I am actually planning on making this tomorrow, but I think I will add two egg whites for some extra protein.

For the rest of WIAW, I didn't have time for my morning snack :( and I didn't get a chance to grab lunch until 1:00PM - I had breakfast at 6:30AM!  I had the California Burger from Burger Fresh - black bean burger, avocado and red pepper salsa on a whole wheat bun.  For my afternoon snack I had some organic grapes.  My dinner consisted of the yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar!!  And I had a small snack of goat cheese guacamole, which was amazing(!), after my Barre class.  Barre was awesome, but very sweaty :/  and I cannot wait for Saturday's Barre class!

Well, I hope everyone has a fantastic evening - I know I will be sleeping well with this storm :)

Goodnight!


What did you have on WIAW?

What oatmeal recipes should I try?

No comments:

Post a Comment