Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend I had the honor of being in one of my best friend's wedding.  It was such an awesome wedding that began Friday afternoon and ended Sunday morning.  We had a 2.5 hour drive - which I completely welcomed because it got me out of work early ;)  I rode down with one of the other bridesmaid, Melissa - I met her once or twice, but it feels like I have known her for such a long time.
Melissa - my roommate, driving buddy, and fellow bridesmaid!

The rehearsal dinner was BBQ style - which I loved!  On the tables were  long, rectangular platters filled with sliced pound cake and strawberries and there were large martini glasses filled with whipped cream - a build-your-own strawberry shortcake platter!  What a cool idea!  The food consisted of BBQ chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, kielbasa with veggies, pasta salad, baked beans, and so many picnic condiments.  I had BBQ chicken without the skin, some pasta salad, the veggies from the kielbasa, and baked beans.  Everything was delicious!  The bridal party pretty much sat together and even though I have only met most of them once or not at all, it felt like we were all family from the first minute :)  The rehearsal went well and I was already getting teary-eyed and the wedding wasn't for another day!

We spent her last "single" evening just painting nails and having some girl talk - we had to leave the campus at 7AM for an hour and 20 minute ride for make-up.  We obviously needed some rest before the big day!  Brittany had a make-up artist come do our make-up and he was fantastic!  The colors of the wedding were coral and a brighter blue - he incorporated one or both of the colors into everyone's make-up.
I loved my make-up and was sad to wash my face at the end of the night :(

After make-up we went back to the church to get ready in our dresses and any final touch-ups needed.  We were all getting so antsy and nervous.  I do not have any photos of the wedding right now - we weren't allowed to hide our phones in the bouquets for pictures.  The ceremony was beautiful and the love was evident in that chapel.  I cried - especially during the exchange of their handwritten vows!

The way to the reception was marked with chalked hearts for the guests to follow from the chapel all the way to the reception hall.  This was such a cute idea!


The reception was awesome and so much fun!  The food was amazing: build-your-own Caesar salad, lemon-garlic green beans, asparagus, mashed potatoes, fingerling potatoes, chicken Alicia, vegetable pasta, and carved roast beef - I ate Caesar salad, green beans, asparagus, pasta, and some roast beef.  There was a dessert bar and I sampled the key lime mousse and brownie parfait.

The cake was so pretty and tasted fantastic - at least the chocolate-peanut butter layer did!

After the cake cutting, there was the first dance and the bouquet and garter toss.  
Their first song was Delilah - special song when she went to school and they were separated for the semester.

I finally caught the bouquet!  The garter was actually around the football and hidden under her dress!

After all of the wedding traditions, we danced the night way and had so much fun!  
 Love the socks!

Bridesmaid and the beautiful bride!

 The butterfly - haha
 Needed some cooling off ;)

 Some of the bridal party

 Had a special dance routine

Groom and groomsmen kick-line!

I did not want the night to end!  I had such a great time at this wedding and it went way to fast!  I am so happy this wedding finally happened - It has been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier for the two love birds!  Brittany and Cameron give me hope that one day I will meet the special someone who makes me feel and treats me like Cam does Brittany.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, full of wonderful memories :)  I know I will remember this weekend and the friends family I made during this magical event.

Now, I need to get back on track and prepare myself for a week of work, coaching, and workout classes.  Have a great night!!


How was your weekend?

How do you get back on track after a weekend of not-your-usual food choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment