Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Whole Foods AND Earth Fare Finds!

Sorry this is so late - I was trying to type last night and my head kept hitting my keyboard - I've been super exhausted lately!?

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that Whole Foods is my favorite place to shop - and Earth Fare is a close second :)  I made a trip to both stores in two days.  I stopped at Earth Fare Sunday and Whole Foods Monday night.  I try to keep my favorite items in stock - whether it is in my desk drawer or mini fridge - yes, there is a mini fridge in my room and no, I am not a sleep-eater ;)  Anyway, I want to share the new items I did find in my most recent two trips!

On Sunday evening, I stopped at Earth Fare and they have this bakery - obviously, I usually don't do baked goods, but they had French macaroons!  I love French macaroons so much that I did get a small box of six.  They were just so beautiful!

Duverger Macaroons :)  I had the pistachio macaroon - the cute, green one - which was amazing!! And I was generous enough to give the rest to my mom and sisters ;)

After exploring every single aisle, I made three new finds that I just had to get:

Dr. McDougall's Vegan Tortilla Soup - I love tortilla soup, but I can do without most of the stats and ingredients that are usually listed :) this one seems to fit my standards - hopefully the taste does, too!

UliMana Goji Cherry Truffles - I got these at the perfect time - I am almost out of the UliMana Cacao Nib Truffles - which were fantastic!  These ones are delicious but I think the Cacao Nib Truffles are my favorite of the two. 

I also bought some coconut unsweetened to add to my oatmeal and smoothies - I've just been on such a coconut kick lately :) 

On Monday evening, my sister and I had a Whole Foods date - I needed to restock some items and she needed some frozen dinners for work.  We also ate dinner there - something I've been wanting to do because they're food is made with either natural or organic ingredients - usually local, too!  We sat at this little bar area that was also part of the pasta display cases.  The big thing is to order your own custom pasta.  You can also order the Chef's Special Lasagna, a Mezze plate, soup of the day, a meat and cheese board, salmon, and a few other items.  I ordered an a pasta entrĂ©e - already designed :) and my sister custom ordered a pasta dish. 

We were served bread with dipping oil and some amazing spice.  I don't usually do bread but I had to try the dipping oil, so I had some of the darker bread. The dipping oil was great!

My dish - Vegan White Bean Ravioli with vegan sausage, tomatoes, spinach, and a little spice :) delicious!! And I brought some home - stay out of my fridge Ash!

Tiff's dish: fettuccine noodles, pesto,  tomatoes, and a sprinkle of Parmesan. She loved it and I also approve - I definitely had to try a taste :)

The service was great and the chef will talk with you while preparing your dish - everything is made right in front of your eyes!  I loved the atmosphere and will definitely eat here again - and bring my parents because my dad loves pasta more than any other food!  This location also has Foodie Friday - $5 for five beer or five wine samples, depending on the day, and food samples.  I will definitely look forward to attending a few or more Foodie Fridays :)

I bought my Hail Merry Macaroons in Choco and Blonde, my Whole Foods 365 Greek Yogurt, and I was hoping to buy my Jessica's Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Granola, but they were out :(  Instead, I will be trying Jessica's Gluten-Free Almond Cherry Granola.  I'm sure it will be delicious, but I will miss my chocolate for a little while - I will definitely keep you posted on the taste!


I love my weekly trips to Whole Foods and I don't mind mixing in some stops to Earth Fare - it is a little closer, which my gas tank appreciates!  I can't wait for my future trips and future finds!!


Have a great day!! 

Would you ever eat at a grocery store?

What healthy items should I try next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment