Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WIMBW + WIAW + WW = A Happy Jessica!

Happy WIMBW and WIAW!   And it is also a happy WW (Walnut Wednesday)!  I know a lot of you are wondering what Walnut Wednesday is - and you will find out soon!

But first, I must tell you about "What's In My Bowl Wednesday" - it was very delicious!  I even gave my mom a bite and she definitely approved :)  I chose my third recipe from Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal and Other Treats, Tips & Tricks.  Today I wanted another oatmeal bake with bananas in it - I found Peanut Butter Banana Split Baked Oatmeal on page 112.  Jenny Grothe's recipe has 249 calories, 4.5g of fat, 44.25g of carbs, and 10.79g of protein.  My stats will be a little different because - like I've mentioned before - I usually alter recipes to fit my style and needs.  So today I am sharing My Peanut Butter Banana Split Baked Oatmeal :)

Jessica's Peanut Butter Banana Split Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

oven-safe bowl
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk 
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 banana, sliced
4 medium frozen or fresh strawberries, sliced 
drizzle of local organic honey
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of chia seeds
sprinkle of unsweetened coconut
1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Add 1/2 cup oats to oven-safe bowl

3. Add 1 cup unsweetened almond milk - I chose to add a little less than one cup - or 1 cup water

4. Add 2 egg whites

5. Add baking powder

6. Add sliced banana

7. Add sliced strawberries

8. Add honey, cinnamon, chia seeds, and unsweetened coconut

9. Mix and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes

10. Add 1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter - mine is from my Vitamix - I loved adding peanut butter to hot oatmeal because it gets so creamy :)

I really enjoyed My Peanut Butter Banana Split Baked Oatmeal.  It did taste like a banana split - without the chocolate.  I may add a few raw cacao nibs next time - mmm, just thinking about that idea makes my mouth water!!  I definitely recommend trying this recipe though - and if you are not sure about everything I used just customize it!  I customize almost every recipe :)

The rest of WIAW - "What I Ate Wednesday" - consisted of 1/3 cup Whole Foods 365 Greek Yogurt with a small handful of Jessica's Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Granola.  

 My delicious mid-morning snack!

And for lunch...a trip to WW - Walnut Wednesday - one of my new favorite things about Wednesdays, besides WIMBW!  Walnut Wednesday is when all the food trucks in the NEO region line up downtown along Walnut and E. 12. 


 I went with a co-worker and we somehow found a front row parking spot - it's like our own private parking-reserve service  :)  Anyway, there was 16 different trucks lined up along the sidewalks of a city-park, a band playing, people enjoying food on the benches and in the grass, and business people in their business attire everywhere!  I was in my cute and comfy workout clothes - oh, the perks of not working in a stuffy office ;)  We chose Motor Mouth food truck - of course, with a super-long line.  There was already one menu item crossed off, but so many other delicious options.  I ordered a Steak Torta and Sexi Mexi for myself and my mom to share and a Steak Torta for my boss.  My co-worker also got a Steak Torta.  I also bought all-natural dog treats for my bosses dog - proceeds going to an animal shelter!  
Sexi Mexi
Chorizo/ground pork burger, grilled onions and peppers, melted provolone

Steak Torta
Sliced steak, onions, tomatoes, corn and black bean salsa, salsa crema, feta cheese, and cilantro

The Sexi Mexi was a little spicy and delicious!  My mom and I cut it in half and I ate my half without the bread :)  The Steak Torta was awesome!  The steak was so thin and lean.  I loved the combination of each and every topping and would love to eat this again - maybe with grilled tofu?  I also split this with my mom and did not eat any of the bread!  

Walnut Wednesday is like a fun midday/midweek party and the weather today was almost perfect!  I cannot wait to attend many more WW's to come and I am excited that there are so many delicious trucks to try - I wish I could eat them all at once! 

Dinner was on the run - I had a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar and I made a Vitamix smoothie with a banana, strawberries, grapes, cinnamon, local organic honey, a scoop of RAW protein powder, and some chia seeds.  MMM!!  

A pretty successful WIAW all around!  And I got a great Booty Barre workout in :)  I am thinking a little more cardio while I watch the Penguins-Bruins third game of the series.  

Enjoy your night!


What did you have for WIAW?

Do you have food trucks in your area?



No comments:

Post a Comment