Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekend Eats!

Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  My weekend was pretty busy - Barre class, cleaning, Summer Meltdown Festival, church, grocery shopping, baking- but, I did manage to enjoy some good food :)

On Saturday morning, I had an early barre class.  The class was amazing and definitely what I needed to begin the weekend - I am really seeing and feeling results from this barre class :)  When I came home my mom wanted to clean the kitchen - I mean really clean the kitchen and once I got started I moved to cleaning my own room.  I was exhausted and fell asleep on the floor - somehow I was comfortable haha

And when I woke up it was time to go the Lakewood Summer Meltdown with Ashley.  The festival started at 4:00PM and from 4-6 the healthy and fitness portion of the festival was taking place.  Local gyms, GNC, markets, and other local companies set up booths with free samples, giveaways and information.  My gym was there and it was really nice to visit with my instructor and her puppy!  The food trucks were also present at this festival and obviously my sister and I were very happy.  I ordered the Quinoa burger from StrEat Mobile Bistro and my sister ordered to beef empanadas from Fired Up Taco Truck - we like to try different things so we split our food.

Quinoa Veggie Burger
 Greens, feta and homemade cherry ketchup

Beef empanadas - angus beef, pineapple, carrots, cabbage and jack and cheddar cheese with cinnamon salsa dipping sauce - amazing!! Just needed a little more heat ;)

Rozi's Wine House also had a stand serving sno-cones.  Now, I am not really a sno-cone person - unless it's Disney on Ice ;)  But, they had an Adult Sno-Cone that my sister was really interested in sharing.  We decided to try their Margarita Sno-Cone and it was very refreshing on such a hot and sunny day :)
Ashley enjoying the Adult Sno-Cone.  We will definitely be hitting this spot up for a girls night!

We came across a t-shirt truck at the Lakewood Summer Meltdown - Fresh Brewed Tees - a locally owned and produced t-shirt shop.  The shirts a all Cleveland themed and I just had to get one!
I just need to get to an Indians game now ;)

On Sunday, after church, my mom, Tiffany, and I had lunch at First Watch.  I love First Watch for all the healthy and delicious options, but I don't go as often as I would like because of how packed it is on the weekends.  Today we actually got seated after waiting only about 15-20 minutes!  I usually order the Trifecta, but I decided to change it up today - partly because I really wanted to try the tomato basil soup.  I am a big fan of tomato soup, especially if it is spicy!  So, I ordered the Veggie Burger and a cup of Tomato Basil soup.
I loved the avocado and the small addition of the Santa Fe sauce.

After lunch, we drove Tiffany to work and since my mom and I were out towards the Eastside, we decided to take advantage of a LivingSocial deal I purchased.  I love deals, especially for things I like :)   The LivingSocial deal I purchased was for Piccadilly Artisan Yogurt in Coventry - now, I love frozen yogurt, so you can imagine my joy when I came across this deal and of course I did not hesitate to purchase.  And once I realized that this frozen yogurt place was locally owned and had mostly organic and vegan options - I realized this was the best deal I ever purchased on LivingSocial!  Piccadilly Artisan Yogurt offers 100% USDA approved organic frozen yogurt and have a wide selection of organic and local toppings.  The yogurt is also fat free, free of high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, and rBST/hormone free.  Super cool!

Vegan coconut frozen yogurt with a sampling of organic caramel sea salt frozen yogurt, topped with local blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, one all-natural brownie chunk, an all-natural hazelnut stick and home-made vegan whipped cream - amazing!!

I will never be able to eat at any other frozen yogurt shop ever again!  I could taste the difference in this frozen yogurt - fresh and light - I can tell there are no chemicals or anything artificial in this frozen yogurt.   I absolutely loved Piccadilly and will definitely be back!  I recommend this yogurt shop above all others.  If you live in Northeast Ohio, you need to give Piccadilly a try.  And if you visit the Cleveland area you need to make a special visit to this shop :)

I decided to bake my new favorite Triple Almond Cherry Bars - recipe will be shared later - and I used up all of my almond butter.  I recently purchased a bag of shelled peanuts to make peanut butter and I had to crack them all so I could have peanut butter for my oatmeal tomorrow.  Look at the cool peanut I found - the shell somewhat looks like a heart :)

Well, I need to jumpstart my week with a workout after all of the delicious food I enjoyed this weekend!  Have a great night and a happy Monday!

Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment