Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wigs for Kids

Hey everybody!! This is not going to be my average post.  I wanted to share with you all something very exciting that I signed up for today - and no, it is not a 5k, but close.  I signed up for a Wigs for Kids walk, 5k run and more!

I am really pumped to participate in a walk for such a good cause.  I am really passionate about children - why I decided to earn a teaching degree - and when my mom forwarded me the information about this event, I just had to sign us up.

I know that when a child loses their hair, many of them realize they are different than their friends and peers and can become self-concious about their appearance and lose self-esteem - no child should ever have to feel that way.  I really value the mission of Wigs for Kids: Helping Children Look Themselves and Live Their Lives  Wigs for Kids is a nonprofit organization that serves children suffering from hair loss.

I am very happy and blessed to have the opportunity to help such a great cause along with my sister and mom.  I am really excited and wish I didn't have to wait a week and a half for this!

I have also set up a donation page - anyone can go to the page and donate directly with their credit card or if someone makes a cash or check donation I can go onto the site and log in the amount and who donated.  My goal is $500 - I am already at $200 and I had an awesome surprise donation in my inbox today!  Whenever someone donates I get a really nice email letting me know :)  probably the best email I ever received!

This race will be on my mind for the next week and half, but I know it will be over before I know it.  I will definitely keep you all up-to-date on my donations page - hopefully I will reach AND exceed my goal by the 27th!!

**If you would like to make a donation to Wigs for Kids on my donation page, please CLICK HERE
**I will also have a widget posted on my blog soon!

Have a good night everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment