Thursday, August 15, 2013

What's In My Bag?

Hello!  I am so happy that it is finally Thursday night - only one more day of work before a super busy weekend :)  At least the weather is expected to be amazing!!  I am sick of this chilly weather...we really did not have a normal summer :(  I am hoping this means a nice, long fall (full of pumpkins) and a mild winter.

Enough of weather talk...I can't believe I even carried on about a topic like that - especially since I am pumped to share what's in my bag :)

Tonight, I am sharing what's in my EarthFare bag.  I stopped at EarthFare after a springboards workout earlier this week to buy some organic bananas

Hint: A 5-digit PLU code beginning with #9 for fruit/vegetable PLU code means it was organically grown - with that being said, stay away from 5-digit PLU codes beginning with the #8, because it means that it has been genetically modified (GMO).

Now, I am sure you are thinking, "Jessica wouldn't name this post 'What's In My Bag' if her bag only contains organic bananas..."  And you are 100% correct!  I also bought:

 I love Hail Mary macaroons and keep checking out their websites for sales on these delicious looking Miracle Tarts...they were marked down at EarthFare, so I knew it was meant to be!
Now, the fat content is a bit more than I would like...but, it is healthy fats.  However, I did cut this tart into eighths :) And an eighth is the perfect amount to get my chocolatey fix!

 I also check for sales on the other Hail Merry macaroon flavors, because the stores generally carry the blonde and chocolate flavored macaroons...and you can imagine how pumped I was to see the Caramel Sea Salt Macaroons there and on sale!! 
I love caramel and sea salt...now to get Hail Merry to add some dark chocolate ;)

My Unsweetened Almond Breeze - they didn't have my unsweetened vanilla, but this will do 

I was walking past the fresh fish counter and noticed the different fish burgers and these just sound amazing!  I'm thinking grilling sometime during this fine weekend :)

I had to get more of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery Original Pizza Crust - I am making those pizzas sometime this weekend when my sister and Kev get back from L.A. tomorrow!!!

I decided to buy Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Crystals as a sugar substitute for some of the baking recipes I have been wanted to try lately...now I wont feel guilty :)

I bought Food for Life 7-Sprouted Grains English Muffins to go with my organic cage-free eggs and organic turkey bacon - great idea, except when I got home I realized that I only have one cage-free egg left 

I picked up my favorite Luna Burger - BBQ Pure Plant Veggie Burgers and the only gluten-free one.  I think I eat almost two of these burgers a week - just so flavorful and filling!

And I am sure you can guess that I had to buy a snack for work - my favorite Snapea Crisps!!

Well, it looks like I will be making another trip to one of my healthy grocery stores this weekend or a local, outdoor farmer's market!  Maybe I will have more awesome items to share with you :)  But, I need to get some Zumba in before bed...tomorrow is my rest day before my 5k Saturday morning - ahh!

Have an awesome evening :)




No comments:

Post a Comment