Thursday, August 1, 2013

WIMBW and a Pirates win!

Happy WIMBW and hump day!  I love the middle of the week - only two days of work left :)  And my weekend is starting early!!  Anyway...to celebrate WIMBW or "What's In My Bowl Wednesday" I decided to give Jenny Grothe's Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal from her book 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal.  Her book is full of so many oatmeal recipes, from baked oatmeal to granola to oat bars - I can't wait until I have tried them all!

So, I chose her Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal because I love having cinnamon in my oatmeal and I have been wanting to put my cacao nibs into one of my oatmeal recipes.  The recipe called for a few things I would not use - nonfat cottage cheese, Torani sugar-free syrups and vanilla.  The one thing I just love about recipes is they are sort of like a guideline and I can modify and substitute wherever I see fit - and I do this a lot!  My substitutions and modifications fit my needs and wants and this recipe was very easy to find substitutions for :)

Jessica's Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

1/2 cup oats
1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 tbsp quinoa
1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
2 egg white (cage-free)
1/2 tbsp sunflower butter
1/2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
drizzle of honey
1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tbsp walnut peices
1 banana, sliced
 
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350
 
Step 2: Add 1/2 tbsp gound flax seeds, 1/2 tbsp quinoa, 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds and 1/2 chia seeds to oven-proof bowl
 
Step 3: Add 1/2 cup oats to oven-proof bowl
 
Step 4: Add 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Milk Plus 5
 
Step 5: Add two cage-free egg whites
 
Step 6: Add 1 tbsp 365 Everyday Value Greek Yogurt - plain
 
Step 7: Add 1/2 tbsp sunflower butter
 
Step 8: Add 1 tbsp Garden of Life RAW Protein Powder - chocolate, 1/2 tbsp cacao powder and 1/3 tps baking powder
 
Step 9: Add a dash -or a few - of cinnamon ;) I love cinnamon!
 
Step 10: Add a drizzle of honey and mix
 
Step 11: Add 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs and 1 tbsp walnut pieces and mix
 
Step 12: Add one sliced banana and mix
 
Step 13: Bake for 30 minutes
 
 
 
My Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal was very filling, but was too bland for me.  I am sure if I added the two different sugar-free Torani syrups it would've been a different story - but I will never use those for anything!  I really missed having my peanut butter in the oatmeal.  So, I will never make this baked oatmeal again, unless I completely change the title to Jessica's Cinnamon PB Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal!  I did like the crunch of the cacao nibs and walnuts, though.  I will probably do that when I am finished with WIMBW - at least the recipes from 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal
 
Throughout the day I had some very tasty treats.
 
Morning Snack
365 Everyday Value Greek Yogurt - plain and Jessica's Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Granola
 
Before Lunch Sample
Famous Dave's ribs - their truck dropped off a sampling to the office - I split one rib with my mom!  I miss having ribs
 
Afternoon Snack
Some of us to a frozen yogurt break at work - Sugar-free Blueberry topped with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and dark chocolate shavings - it is no Piccadilly :( but it will do
 
Before my workout I ate one of my Homemade Chocolate Chocolate Chip Quest Bars and after my workout I had to huge wedges of watermelon!

 
 
And after my watermelon I had a little friend who super happy that I was home from my workout - so was I :) 
 
It was a tough workout - an hour of barre after 3 straight days of hour long springboard classes is a tough thing to do. I need a massage haha I spent the rest of the night enjoying the Bucs game and watching them win on ESPN!  Look what Siri clarified for me this morning:

 
 
Have a great day everyone :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment