Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIMBW + WIAW = lots of yummy food!

Happy WIMBW and WIAW!  I really enjoyed everything I ate today - especially what I had in my bowl today at breakfast :)  I actually started preparing my baked oatmeal for WIMBW last night - I've been cutting it close with having to leave super early for cheer practice.  I decided to give prepping the night before a try.   I am really glad I decided to start last night because I had a lot more wiggle room this morning and I should've started prepping the night before WIMBW sooner...I mean, I only have one more Wednesday morning practice left!  Yay!!!!  I am sure you can sense how bummed I am to sleep until 7:00AM every weekday again...instead of getting up at 5:40AM Mondays and Wednesdays ;)

Anyway, last night I made a stop at EarthFare after my workout for some organic fruit and a few other items and I picked up some juicy looking strawberries.  So, I was thinking I would like to find a recipe in Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal that included strawberries.  I was happy to come across her Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal on page 119.  I had every ingredient the recipe called for, including substitutions and a few additions :)  Well, after discovering my next recipe for WIMBW, I decided to start prepping for the early morning.

Jessica's Creamy Strawberry-Banana Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

1/2 cup oats
1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 tbsp quinoa
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tbsp 365 Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 cup Almond Breeze in unsweetened vanilla (any milk or water can work)
2 organic cage free egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
drizzle of organic local honey
1 tbsp Garden of Life RAW Protein in chocolate (or protein powder of choice)
1 banana, mashed
4-5 strawberries, sliced
1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Add 1/2 cup oats to an oven-proof bowl

Step 3: Add 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds, 1/2 tbsp quinoa, 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes, and 1/2 tbsp purple maqui berry powder to the oats

Step 4: Add 1/2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil 

Step 5: Add 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze 
After I added the almond milk, I covered the bowl and placed in the fridge over night - you can also skip the fridge and continue on to step 6...I will once morning practice is over ;)

Step 6: Add 2 organic cage free egg whites to the oats mixture

Step 7: Add 1/2 tsp baking powder

Step 8: Add sprinkle of cinnamon

Step 9: Add drizzle of honey

Step 10: Add 1 tbsp raw protein powder 

Step 11: Mash 1 banana, then add to the oats and mix

Step 12: Slice 4-5 strawberries and mix into the oats mixture

Step 13: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes...I smeared 1/2 tbsp of all-natural peanut butter on my baked oatmeal right after the oven timer went off :)

My Creamy Strawberry-Banana Baked Oatmeal was delicious!!  A very close tie with all of my blueberry baked oatmeals.  The aroma from this recipe was making my mouth water while I got ready for practice.  This oatmeal bake was creamy with bites of juiciness from the strawberries. The banana added more creaminess than I thought I was going to get.  I really enjoyed the addition of the coconut oil - a very faint hint and it was perfect.  My Creamy Strawberry-Banana Baked Oatmeal was very filling and I loved every single bite!  I will definitely be picking up more strawberries to make this recipe again :) and maybe make a larger batch so my family can enjoy this oatmeal bake, too.

My morning snack was a delicious handful of Snap Pea Crisps - I just love these things!  The perfect combination of crunchiness and a hint of salt.

Lunch was delivered to the office from Chuppa's Marketplace - my favorite local farmer's market for when I am in a time crunch.
Our delicious lunch spread :)
  

 Cheese tray, berry salad, and a pasta salad

 Italian meats, cheeses, and Italian antipasti

 I had some antipasti, two pieces of cheese, grapes, and some berry salad with feta, dried cranberries and almonds - everything was delicious!

I was starving after my barre workout and couldn't wait to get home for dinner - I ended up eating a lot of food!

Split pea soup - a mix from Whole Foods - and a vegan mini cornbread muffin

Super Power Salad with Mustard Seed trail mix and Avocado Vinaigrette Dressing

A scoop of honey ice cream with honeycomb peanut brittle and a scoop of vegan coconut brownie ice cream made with coconut milk and coconut yogurt with a creamy dark chocolate and mixed with vegan brownie bites from Churned Ice Cream Shop - I cannot get enough of the honey - my new favorite ice cream flavor!!

Well, I think I am in need of some cardio after all this delicious food!  I will be alternating jumping jacks, squats, and lunges.  

Have a great night!!









No comments:

Post a Comment