Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIMBW....Fall Style :)

Happy WIMBW!  I hope your week has been great so far :) I am just happy that the week is almost over!!  I am so looking forward to tomorrow being over - especially bc my first hair appointment since April will be awaiting me once work is over!  I am doing something a little different with my hair, so hopefully I like it!

Anyway....the weather has been a little crazy lately - it has been feeling more fall-like than summer..  Which, I am not completely against fall - I just love sweaters, boots, football, apple-picking, and  pumpkin everything - but, I did not have a long enough summer.  So, I decided to chose a baked oatmeal with an autumn flare - I chose Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal.  I was actually just talking about baking a healthier apple pie and I knew this could help curb my craving ;)  I did make some adjustments and substitutions to fit with my dietary wants and needs.  I am very excited to share My Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal with you!

Jessica's Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal

Ingredients

1/2 cup oats
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 organic cage-free egg whites
dash(es) cinnamon
sprinkle pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp raw coconut crystals 
1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped apples
drizzle local organic honey

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350

Step 2: Add 1/2 cup oats to oven-proof bowl

Step 3: Add 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds, 1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut and 1/2 tsp baking powder

Step 4: Add 1 cup unsweetened almond milk 

Step 5: Add 2 organic cage-free egg whites

Step 6: Add dash(es) of cinnamon - I chose dashes :)

Step 7: Add sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice - MMM, Pumpkin!!

Step 8: Add 1 tsp raw coconut crystals

Step 9: Add 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil

Step 10: Add 1/2 cup chopped apple and mix

Step 11: Top with drizzle of local organic honey

Step 12: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes

I am so in love with this Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal!!  This was a perfect substitute for a baked apple pie!  I really enjoyed this healthy breakfast version so much and I cannot wait to make it again :)  I was worried that without adding a mashed up banana or some Greek yogurt, I would be hungry earlier in the day, but I wasn't.  My Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal also smelled amazing - like a cinnamon apple pie Bath and Body Works candle!  My mouth was watering the whole time my oatmeal was baking.  This oatmeal is definitely at the top of my baked oatmeal list!

I had some very delicious food the rest of the day...

Mid-Morning Snack
Not too sure what this is - the sticker says frut...but it is delicious!

Lunch
Burrito Bowl - black and pinto beans, shredded chicken, lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole and hot sauce.  Delicious and so filling!

Dinner
Caesar salad with no dressing - I ate around the croutons and gave most of it to a coworker.  Italian Wedding Soup - my favorite soup!  And yes, I ate at my desk because of an early barre workout.

After-Workout Snack
4 Berry Good Friends hand pie from Gray House Pies - I have been wanting to try these pies and finally got the chance at a local farmer's market - I heated up 1/2 the pie and split it with my sister (Kevin will get the other half)  The pie was delicious!!  I can't wait to get to their store and try the Drunken Cherry.

I loved everything I ate today and mostly everything was healthy.  The pie wasn't the healthiest thing I could've chose for a snack, but it was a workout day and it is mad with all natural and whole ingredients - plus it was wonderful :)  I am exhausted after a day full of work, barre, and a special trip to Whole Foods to score some super foods from their 25% of supplement sale - I will be sharing "What's In My Whole Foods Bags" tomorrow!

I hope you all had a great day filled with fantastic foods :)















No comments:

Post a Comment