Monday, August 26, 2013

Wonderful 3-Day Weekend...mostly in pictures!

Hi all!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I had a wonderful 3-day weekend and I enjoyed every second of it - I was super busy and barely had any down time.  I was able to take Friday off to spend the last day of my sisters summer break with her.  We had a fabulous Friday and a busy weekend.  I spent time outside, working out, baking, cooking, and cleaning.  This weekend also had perfect weather, which made the weekend even better!

Friday

Pilates on the reformer
I bought a Groupon for a duet class on the reformer and decided to take my sister.  The classes are either private or with a partner.  I really enjoyed this form of Pilates - it was definitely an extra challenge, but very beneficial.  I cannot wait to try this again and to try the Tower.

Beach Trip
 We went to a nearby beach to catch some of the last rays of summer - the weather was perfect: clear blue skies, a nice breeze and a big, bright sun!  The waves were pretty big and when I closed my eyes it felt and sounded like we were on a beach in South Florida.

 Afternoon Tea at Clementines
We ordered a pot of tea, scone, and fresh fruit for only $7.99 - a pretty good deal :) 
Ashley ordered a pot of Peach and Apple tea and I ordered the Blue Eyes tea - just made sense ;)  And we both ordered the Chocolate Raspberry scone - delicious!!  And our tea pots received unlimited refills!

Dinner at El Carnicero 
 Guacamole with goat cheese + tomato + chile poblano and sikil pak with toasted pepita + chile manzano - the guacamole is my absolute favorite ever, the goat cheese makes it extra creamy!  And the sikil pak is a toned down salsa but the different combinations of flavor makes up for the lack of heat!
My mom and I split the Pimienta Tamales - steamed masa with salsas divorciadas, queso cotija, chile poblano and requeson topped with a fried egg.  This is such a scrumptious dish - bursting with so much spice and flavor and the textures make a great combination.  I am glad we shared this dish because I definitely would've ate this whole thing myself and I wasn't super hungry!
We also ordered their dessert of the night - an empanada filled with Mexican chocolate and topped with vanilla bean whipped cream, blueberries and drizzled with caramel.  This was the most amazing dessert and I had two huge bites!  Ashley finished it off - she made sure of it :)

Saturday

I had an early morning Barre workout and when I came home there was no down time.  I helped my mom and sister clean out the entire garage and then I washed and vacuumed my car. My mom rewarded our hard work with lunch :)  We ordered many items to share - which is my favorite way to eat anywhere.

Lunch at Oak Barrel
I just love the decor!

 Salad of the Day: Mixed greens topped with sliced apples, walnuts, blue cheese and drizzled with a balsamic dressing

 Vegan Wood Stone Oven Pizza - killbuck valley mushrooms, roasted shallots and arugula - such a delicious pizza and the crust was baked perfectly 

Amish Chicken Tacos - all-natural Ohio chicken, white cheddar, roasted chiles and cilantro

Creamy Polenta - I know, kind of weird to share, but it was so creamy and flavorful...I could've just ate this for lunch!

I found this in Cleveland's Scene Magazine and I loved it!  This may be my life quote ;)

Sunday

We attended Taste of Legacy - all of the restaurants of Legacy Village set up booths with 3-4 food samples from their menu that can be purchased with food tickets.
Ashley bought Crab Wontons and Spicy Salad from Gia Lai

Ashley also bought a Whiskey Cake from Bar Louie

I chose a Grilled Salmon Slider from Bar Louie

 I had the Asian Chicken Salad and Ashley had the Bock and Cheese from Granite City Food and Brewery - comes Fall 2013 and will have a gluten-free menu!!

Everything was delicious, but my favorite was the Asian Chicken Salad from GCFB and the Grilled Salmon Slider from Bar Louie - I did not know they served salmon anything

And this was my "Learn Chinese" from my fortune cookie - this cookie knows me so well :)

Dinner from Pizza BOGO
Bombay on Miracle Crust - curry tandoori sauce, mozzarella & provolone cheeses (light on the cheese), spinach, banana peppers, fresh tomatoes and tandoori chicken breast (minus the chicken) topped with scallions.  The Miracle Crust consists of organic rye flakes, organic wheat bran, organic soy flour, organic flax seeds - all rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.  

This was the most tasty pizza and the most non-greasy pizza I have ever had.  I ate two pieces and did not feel guilty one bit.  I remember when I used to order pizza from Pizza Hut or Papa Johns - so many years ago - and all I can picture is slices of grease.  I cannot believe I ever ate that pizza, but I am so happy that I am finding healthy and so much more flavorful substitutions!  I will definitely be going back to Pizza BOGO soon and I highly recommend giving it a try.  The Bombay pizza may not be your style but their are many other countries represented or you can build-your-own with free unlimited toppings!  Oh, and Pizza BOGO stands for Buy One, Give One and every time you "buy one", they "give one" to someone in need (for free)!! How awesome is that?!  Healthier pizza options and a great cause - definitely have my business!

Well, I have typed more than I planned and I know you have things to get done - hopefully some sort of workout or diving into some delicious and healthy food :)  I need to get my stuff together for our first "school year" cheer practice and hopefully get some cardio in! 




No comments:

Post a Comment