Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Accountability: Day 1

Hi all!  I just wanted to quickly update you on my new healthy eating/workout plan.  I am very proud of myself for successfully completing my first day :)

I began my morning with a quick half-hour workout routine:

100 jumping jacks
10 plie squats to the right
10 plie squats to the left
10 regular plie squats 
20 plie pulses
10 shoulder-width stance squats
10 shoulder-width stance pulse squats
10 lunge, lift and turn with the right leg
10 lunge, lift and turn with the left leg
50 crunches legs bent feet flat on floor
25 crunches legs in butterfly-stretch position
25 crunches legs straight out
25 crunches legs in indian-style position
25 crunches legs in reverse indian-style position
25 crunches legs in table-top position
25 crunches legs straight in air
25 leg ups
25 cross-body crunches to the right
25 cross-body crunches to the left
25 bridge ups
25 bridge pulses
50 side bends (in straddle) to each side
10 push-ups

I had my usual Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal with a delicious glass of Unsweetened Almond Breeze - perfect after a great workout.

Lunch consisted of all-natural tortilla soup with extra-lean ground turkey and a peach.

I also stopped at Heinen's during a Starbucks run to buy some healthy essentials and snacks for my desk to help me stay on track.
 I really wanted something chocolatey today - this was the lowest priced bar and luckily the lowest in sugar per serving as well :)  And LOCALLY MADE!! Very delicious - I love it!  The crunch of the chia seeds and the hint of cinnamon was a perfect touch - I will definitely buy this again!

 Magic Pop is this awesome fresh grain snack made right in the store.  It is made with natural ingredients and comes in a variety of flavors - strawberry is my favorite.  The machine is pretty cool and when the "pop" is finished there is a loud popping noise - I jumped the first time - and the pop comes flying out of the machine (a glass window stops it from hitting people and it falls into a tray)  The plain and whole wheat flavors are delicious dipped in hummus and (along with the strawberry) tastes delicious spread with peanut butter.

 I really wanted some granola in my drawer to eat as a quick pick-me-up.
 KIND is generally low in sugar and priced reasonably.  I chose the Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Flax Seeds - the best granola ever!  (I still love Jessica's All-Natural Granola in Chocolate Chip)  The cinnamon granola is amazing - not too sweet, but very cinnamon-y and crunchy!  I can't wait to try it with some Unsweetened Almond Breeze :)
 This is how I had to portion-control at work...luckily people keep souvenirs in the cupboards.  I just like the way it looks :)

I also bought two snacks at Starbucks - Evolution Harvest - I have never seen them before and I love freeze-dried fruit, especially when the only ingredients are the actual fruits in the bag - no added sugar!
 The Strawberry Blueberry was so tasty - I love berries!  

 I gave this one to my mom - she didn't try it yet, but I am sure it's yummy!

Dinner was on the run - I had cheer practice right after work.  I ate a NuGo Slim Chocolate Brownie Protein Bar (GNC was sadly out of Quest) and an individual-sized Unsweetened Almond Breeze that I bought at Heinen's today.  I had a boards workout after practice, but I stopped at home first to have a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread topped with a thin smear of all-natural peanut butter.

After my workout I picked up a special pint of Green Tea ice cream - that someone was nice enough to pick up for me at the Tremont Farmers Market, thanks CT! - made by my favorite ice cream producer ever!  Masons Creamery is a locally operated ice cream shop that pops up at various farmers markets, food truck events and other awesome Cleveland events.  Their ice creams are made with locally produced, seasonal ingredients.  They even produce vegan flavors.  The ice cream is out of this world!  I hope Masons Creamery never leaves the Cleveland area - I am just so in love with their flavors!  I also tried horchata and loved it!  Their ice cream is so rich and creamy and flavorful without the guilty feeling.  
Heaven in a pint!

Now, I know what you may be thinking, but I only had a condiment-cup sized amount and had a very rough day.  I also completed two workouts and ate extremely well.  Anyway, I needed something sweet to pick up my spirits and Masons Creamery ice cream definitely did the trick :)  

If you are in the Cleveland area, please check them out and get a taste!  They update their flavors and stops on a weekly basis through their Facebook and Twitter accounts - Helen and Jesse are very friendly and come up with the best recipes!  Visit their cooler and stand - I promise you will not be disappointed :) AND they are coming up with fall flavors and I cannot wait for something cold, creamy and pumpkin-y!! 

Well, I hope you all had a great day and remember moderation is key - especially when it is for some delicious, locally made ice cream :)  Now, I have to get to bed for my morning workout!






No comments:

Post a Comment