Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Cheat" Day And S'more Muffins Recipe

Hi!  Today was a little different than usual - we had a big birthday at work and there was an ice cream truck and free lunch.  Let's just say I went a little astray from my plan - but, I am staying accountable and admitting I had a "cheat" day :/  And I am going to share my "cheats" with you.

Crackers and cheese, grapes, cucumber and tomato salad, and chilled grilled chicken

Chocolate ice cream topped with warm caramel sauce, peanuts and whipped cream - I had three spoonfuls and got rid of it - self-control ;)

The rest of the day was healthy!

Now, I would like to share an amazing recipe I baked earlier this week - I am getting an early start on baking some goodies for a breakfast fundraiser for cheerleading.  I made jumbo s'more muffins on Monday and they are amazing!  I think they will be a big hit at the fundraiser :)  Everything that you need for a s'more is inside these muffins and it is awesome!  Here is my recipe adapted from Taste of Home:

S'more Muffins

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 graham cracker squares, crushed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1-1/2 cups milk with a few squirts of lime juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 milk chocolate bars, broken in pieces
3/4 cup mini marshmallow

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375

Step 2: Add 2 cups flour to a large bowl

Step 3: Add 4 crushed graham cracker squares

Step 4: Add 1 tsp baking soda

Step 5: Add 1/2 tsp salt and combine

Step 6: In a mixing bowl, add 1 large egg

Step 7: Add 1-1/2 cups milk with a few squirts of lime juice

Step 8: Add 1/4 cup canola oil

Step 9: Add 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and mix well

Step 10: Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine

Step 11: Fold in broken milk chocolate pieces and mini marshmallows

Step 12: Bake for 18-20 minutes and let cool before moving to wire rack

Yield: 6 jumbo muffins and 11 mini muffins - I like making bite-sized goodies for a small sampling and sharing :)

I had one of the mini s'more muffins right after the timer rang.  The crunch of the graham cracker with the gooeyness of the marshmallow and the melted chocolate was a fantastic combination!  I like how the muffin does not add to the sweetness of the graham cracker, marshmallows, and chocolate - so, it is more of a breakfast pastry than dessert for breakfast.  I think these muffins will be a big hit at the fundraiser!  I will be making at least three more types of muffins, two flavors of donut holes, and pancake poppers with sausage - I will be sharing some, if not all, of my breakfast stand recipes :)

Goodnight!  I have an early workout tomorrow :)








No comments:

Post a Comment