Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins!

Hi!  I decided to post my Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins first - because everyone loves chocolate or at least knows someone who does!  You may be thinking, "Okay, what is with all the muffin recipes?"  Well, my cheerleaders have a breakfast/brunch fundraiser, so I decided homemade is better than store-bought - and will always be healthier!  These muffins are delicious - my parents, sister, and cheerleaders all taste-tested, approved, and wanted more!  I also tried a taste of the batter - I couldn't resist and it was well worth it!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients

1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk with 1 tbsp lime juice - I didn't have lemon - I think outside the box ;)
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip minis

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375

Step 2: In a small bowl, add 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk with 1 tbsp lime juice - I used Trader Joe's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Step 3: Add 2 eggs

Step 4: Add 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled

Step 5: Add 2 tsp vanilla.  Combine and set aside.

Step 6: In a large mixing bowl, add 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

Step 7: Add 2/3 cup cocoa powder

Step 8: Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar - my brown sugar is in the bottom half of the 1 cup - I just ran out of brown sugar ;)

Step 9: Add 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt and combine

Step 10: Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip minis to dry mix

Step 11: Add wet mix to large bowl and combine
Looks delicious!  Is your mouth watering yet?

Step 12: Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
Chocolate paradise!

Yield: 6 jumbo muffins and 11 mini muffins 

Let me just tell you, the aroma of Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins baking in a hot oven is the most wonderful scent you can have in a house.  It's a good thing I have self-control or these muffins would've disappeared faster than it took to bake them all ;)  

I am excited for the feedback I will receive at the fundraiser - I probably should've made more ;)  Oh, well first come, first served!  I also have my yummy s'more muffins - what lucky customers!  

I hope you decide to try this muffin recipe and if you do, please comment and let me know your thoughts - what you liked, didn't like, changed or kept the same, etc.  

Well, I have to get back to baking!  












No comments:

Post a Comment