Friday, September 27, 2013

Mixed Berry Muffins + Awesome News!

Hi!  Before I post my Mixed Berry Muffin recipe, I want to apologize for my delayed post.  I was unable to post last night because of such a crazy day!  I said I would hopefully have some good news to share with you and I do!  I was offered a teaching position yesterday and I accepted!!!  I taught a lesson yesterday morning in a first grade classroom and was offered a job right on the spot :)  I am so excited to finally be utilizing the degree I spent too much money on and I cannot wait to start teaching and working with children!  I begin on Thursday and I am so happy to close one chapter of my life and begin the next.  I am not sure if this will change my schedule of posts - but, I will figure it out.  I am just so happy and excited right now!  And the rest of the day was a whirlwind - celebratory lunch with my mom, work, coaching, and football cake pop making the rest of the evening!  I was super exhausted and had to wake up at 4:45AM!

And now onto the recipe :)

Mixed Berry Muffins

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 large egg
1 cup mixed berries - I used blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries

Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 

Step 2:  Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups 

Step 3: In a small bowl, add 1 cup all-purpose flour

Step 4: Add 1 cup whole wheat flour

Step 5: Add 1 tbsp baking powder

Step 6: Add 1/2 tsp salt and combine

Step 7: In a large mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup milk

Step 8: Add 1/4 cup canola oil

Step 9: Add 1/4 cup honey

Step 10: Add 1 large egg.  Combine on med-low speed, then add dry ingredients and combine on medium speed.

Step 11: Gently fold in 1 cup of mixed berries

Step 12: Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 18-20 minutes

Yields: 6 large muffins or 12-14 regular-sized muffins

These mixed berry muffins have the most amazing aroma.  The muffins made me miss summertime.  I wish I had enough batter to make a few mini ones, but fortunately I was able to sample the batter.  DELICIOUS!  I will definitely double this recipe next time, so I can keep some at home :)  I am excited to sell all of these muffins this weekend.  I think my family will definitely buy a few of these!  

And, tonight I am making freezer breakfast burritos and possibly some chocolate-caramel covered apple minis :)  Possibly more recipes to share!   

Now, I have a busy few days ahead - getting ready to teach in my own classroom!  Have a great weekend!!












No comments:

Post a Comment