Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lately...

Hi all!  I am still getting used to this crazy hectic schedule of mine!  Teaching is definitely even more work than I thought - I knew that I would be taking work home, but this extra-tough position I have been put in just exhausts me.  I feel like I never have a time to rest, but I still am somehow able to manage some time for some delicious eats and getting out of the house and classroom!

Lately, I feel...exhausted, overwhelmed, and ready for a vacation - our first day of "no school" is Election Day - actually we have no kids, but our first real day we have no school is Veteran's Day, then two weeks later Thanksgiving break and in two more weeks Christmas break!!

Lately, I have been eating...
Frozen black grapes and concord grapes - like mini popsicles! 

So, I made black beans as part of my food prep - I wanted to add something to them, so I went for a slice of GoVeggie PepperJack Cheese, a fried cage-free egg (in coconut oil) and added some red pepper flakes

Lately, I can't get enough of...pumpkin!!

Pumpkin Pie Sundae from Sweet Moses - the cutest little old-fashioned ice cream shop and soda fountain!  Perfect for a sweet, little date night!  And no, I did not eat this on my own ;)

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Latte made with unsweetened coconut milk - mmmmmm!

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt from Menchie's!  I am not a super Menchie's fan, but I really wanted a limited-time color-changing spoon :) And their pumpkin pie fro-yo was awesome!

Lately, I am packing...pretty healthy lunches - with a small indulgence for a perfect ending to my meal ;)

Mixed greens with blue cheese crumbles and Avocado dressing 


 Spicy Garlic Noodles from noodlecat - super spicy and super delicious!  I have made three lunch out of this :)  I love eating good and saving money :)

Whole Foods Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel - this is the best thing ever!  I have ended every school lunch with this for the past week and a half - probably the best part of my school day ;)  Apparently, I am eating half the serving-size!  Go me!

Lately, (today) for dinner... I have been using leftovers (score for the money-saver!)

Today, I made a grilled cheese sandwich - fried egg, GoVeggie Mozzarella slice, Chèvre with honey on Rudi's multigrain brushed with coconut oil - to accompany my mom's tomato basil soup - best combo!

Lately, I have been looking forward to...the weekend more than ever!

Lately, my workouts consist of...reformer, springboard, and barre classes!  I will be trying an equipment combo next week and cannot wait to share that with you!

Lately, I am thankful for...my administrators - for our staff meeting, we were all celebrated and provided with some nice "teaching resources"
How thoughtful and useful ;)

Well, I really need to get ready for bed for another crazy school day!  I am also making muffins tomorrow evening - I am thinking a banana muffin and some sort of chocolate muffin.  I really wish I could make some sort of nut muffin, but too many allergy risks.  

And, I almost forgot!  There will definitely be a WIMBW post tomorrow - I made no workouts or appointments....so, lucky you!  It will be delicious and I prepped most of it tonight so I can have it tomorrow morning!

Good night and have a great hump day!


No comments:

Post a Comment