Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Eats!

Hello!  I hope you had a great weekend :)  I had a weekend fit for a foodie!  I just didn't get much sleep - I am way to hot at night and I keep waking up :(  Not good for a teacher who has to be up at 5:45AM in the morning!  And I couldn't sleep in Saturday because I forgot about being in my Barre instructors certification video at 8:00AM!  I did need the workout though - I am still sore!  I love feeling the ache in my glutes!  

Anyway,  I spent the weekend with my family!  We went to the grand opening of the Parma Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library.  The library is amazing - a technology/iPad wall, quiet study rooms, a teen room, a large children's room, meeting and conference rooms, a computer room, a room with a fireplace and much more!  If you are around the area, please check it out!  I love it :) 

After, the grand opening of the Parma library, we went to the Little Polish Diner for a late lunch.  My mom, sister, and I shared some apps - we all like to order shareable items so we can sample lots of menu items.

I started with a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup :) 

Pierogis - I had one potato and cheddar pierogi

Cheese blintzes - delicious!!

Pyzy - Potato dumplings filled with meat and cooked with onions and bacon.  I loved it!

Afterwards, I fell asleep :)  Luckily, I woke up to get ready to meet my best sister/friend that I've known since I was 2 for a later dinner at Humble Wine Bar in Lakewood - owned by Deagans (check out both places)  I have been wanting to try this place for awhile - I just love how wine bar food is so shareable!

Charcuterie board - Brillat Savarin, Bonne-Buche, Cabot Clothbound Cheddar with honey, fig jam, nuts, housemade crackers and mini baguette

Shrimp Neapolitan-Style Pizza - roasted garlic, calabrian chiles, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil (they have a floor-to-ceiling, wood-burning stone pizza oven)!!!

Pumpkin Creme Brulee - walnut cake and pumpkin seed brittle :) True love!

On Sunday, I went to see I'm In Love With A Church Girl with my dad - Please go see this movie!  It is an independent film and only in the theaters for a couple more days.  The movie is touching and really makes you think.  And after the movie, I went to The Oak Barrel in Valley View with my mom, sister, and her boyfriend.  Again, we got items to share :)

Earl Grey Lavender Tea - I'm not sure if my 26 kids are getting me sick, so I will be a hot tea junkie :)

Tomato Basil Soup - I am such a soup person, especially when it is fall and winter!

Pumpkin and Apple Crostini - my two favorite fall flavors in one - how awesome!!

Devils on Horseback - Medjool dates, bread cheese, fresno chile, applewood bacon

Wood Stone Oven Pizza: Croque Monsieur - house smoked pork belly, gruyere cheese, béchamel, local egg

Roasted Turkey Sandwich - pita toast, muenster cheese, crisp falafel, sprouts, LTO, applewood bacon

As you can see, I love food - good food that is as local as possible and non-chain.  And even though I had a non-restful weekend with little sleep, the food definitely helped make up for it :)  I can't wait to get done with this week to get to the Dia de los Muertos Festival for some delicious food and for my studios grand opening for some vegan food samples and to spend time with my family and friends! 

Have a great week and I will see you all for WIMBW and I am hoping to post it on Wednesday ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment