Saturday, October 26, 2013

WIMBW - even though it's Saturday!

Hi!  I am so sorry that I am posting my WIMBW on Saturday - I had to coach Wednesday night in the freezing rain, on Thursday I had a Pilates mat workout and lesson planning, and Friday I ran up to the varsity game, grocery shopped and fell asleep.  So, this is the first break I've had since before Wednesday!  Anyway, this week's WIMBW is not out of my usual cookbook - I had a visitor spend the night, so I only had time to throw my usual together, but I did bake it like most of the WIMBW recipes.

Jessica's Healthy Baked Banana Peanut Butter Cup

Ingredients

1/2 cup steel cut oats
1/2 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 scoops protein powder
1/2 tbsp cacao powder
drizzle honey
1 banana, sliced
1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350

Step 2: Add 1/4 cup steel cut oats to oven-proof bowl

Step 3: Add 1/2 tbsp flax seeds and 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds

Step 4: Add 1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Step 5: Add 3 scoops protein powder and 1/2 tbsp cacao powder

Step 6: Add drizzle honey

Step 7: Add banana slices and bake for 30 minutes
Mix in 1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter

Well, I am sad to say that I did not like this version of my healthy peanut butter cup.  The steel cut oats did not soak up all of the milk the way I prefer.  I had to add so much protein powder, that it turned very gritty.  I will only make this recipe either by cutting back on the milk or only with rolled oats.  I still ate it because I have limited time in the morning and was starving!  I cannot wait to make up for the recipe this week.  So, I do not recommend this version at all - but if you look back to previous posts, you will find the real and amazing version that I love so much!

School Lunch

Melrose Apple from Mapleside Farms

Vegan Pad Thai from Johnny Mango with a cage-free fried egg in coconut oil

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Soup - so yummy and I want more!

Dinner
Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value Roasted Vegetable Pizza - I was starving and when I remembered it was Wednesday, this was all I had left ;)

Dessert
Newman's Own Organics Super Dark Chocolate Cups with Raspberry Center

Game-Time Snack
Wild Garden Traditional Snack Combo to go Hummus Dip + Multi Grain Pita Chips - I ate this huddled under blankets in the freezing rain!

Oh!  And I received my winnings from Heather Speaks Out blog's Newman's Own Organics giveaway!

Newman-O's in vanilla cream and chocolate and Ginger-O's

Super Dark Chocolate Cups with Raspberry Centers and Peanut Butter Centers

Licorice - Sour Strawberry, Sour Mango, Sour Cherry and Sour Apple

Chocolate - Milk, Mocha Milk, Dark and Orange Dark - mmm!!

Honey Wheat Minis 

Salted Rounds

High Protein

Rods

I am excited to sample all these items and provide my feedback :)  Everything looks delicious and I am always in need of some new and better-for-you snacks!

I am glad my lunch and dinner made up for the crumbly breakfast I had!  I am just happy that I finally had time to share the yummy food I had for lunch and dinner.  I also cannot wait to share my weekend with you!  I was up early this morning filming a fitness certification video with my barre instructor :)  

Now, it's lesson planning time and girls night later!  Have a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment