Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIMBW

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike!  Guess what day it is?!  It's Hump Day aka WIMBW!  I love Wednesdays for two reasons now - obviously, WIMBW/WIAW and because it means that my school week is almost over :)  Yay!!!  We got the bad boy back in our class today, so I am glad this week is almost done with.  I also sat in major traffic today because of some drizzle - one thing I strongly dislike about Cleveland is the fact that most drivers can't drive in rain or snow (even though it rains and snows here more days than it doesn't some years)!  My 10 minute commute turned into a 50 minute commute - crazy, right?  So, it is safe to say that I am very happy I started my day off with an awesome oatmeal bake!

I remember picking up some peaches at Trader Joe's this Sunday and I was sure they were not all eaten yet ;)  And since I never know what fruit will actually be in my fruit drawer week by week, I decided to try Jenny Grothe's Peach Cobbler Baked Oatmeal on page 101 in 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal.  I am not usually a peach person (I like berries, apples and bananas the most), but I do enjoy baked fruits.  I figured it might be similar to baked apples :)  I also decided to try baking with my steel cut oats - I kept my fingers crossed the entire time!

Jessica's Peachy-Keen Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp raw coconut crystals
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
drizzle honey
1 banana, sliced
1/2 peach, chopped
1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter

Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350

Step 2: Add 1/4 cup steel cut oats to an oven-proof bowl

Step 3: Add 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp flax seeds, and 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds

Step 4: Add 1 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Almond Milk Vanilla (or milk of choice)

Step 5: Add 1 tbsp raw coconut crystals and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon

Step 6: Add drizzle of honey

Step 7: Add one sliced banana and half a chopped peach

Step 8: Add 2 scoops of protein powder and bake in oven for 30 minutes

Step 9: Spread 1/2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter on top

I really enjoyed this oatmeal - what a surprise!  It was creamy and filling and nutty.  I just loved the peach and banana together - the cinnamon and peach were also very delicious together.  I really like spreading the peanut butter on top and having it mix around in every bite.  The protein powder definitely helped thicken up the mixture - I think the baked oatmeal would've been very soupy if I did not add the 2 scoops.  I will be trying this with canned pumpkin and apples next time :)

Lunch

Dan Dan Ramen - spicy garlic oil, nama ramen, seasoned nuts, sweet soy and basil - from NoodleCat - I am all out now :(

Frozen grapes - my mini popsicles!

Whole Foods 365 Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel

Afternoon Snack


Dinner

Autumn Grilled Cheese - Rudi's with Honey Chèvre, pumpkin butter, a slice of GoVeggie cheddar, and an egg fried in coconut oil and a bowl of tomato basil soup - sweet and savory in one meal = perfection!

Another successful WIMBW/WIAW in the books!  Well, I need to get started on the lesson plans for tomorrow - I can be very good at finding "more important" things to do than planning :)  Have an awesome night and great Thursday - I am hoping to post tomorrow!













No comments:

Post a Comment