Saturday, November 16, 2013

Last Weekend Eats

Late post (again).  Last weekend, I at some really great food - what a surprise :)  Mustard Seed had a Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner sample - free for all.  We went to see what healthy alternatives we could have for Thanksgiving dinner and for a FREE lunch!!!
While we waited for the event to begin, we shared a piece of vegan pumpkin pie - so delicious!

Plate One
roasted winter vegetables, Quorn turkey flavored, apple parsnip soup, whole oven roasted turkey, mashed sweet potatoes, southern corn pudding, cranberry chutney, beef boneless rib roast

 Plate Two
wild rice and cranberry salad, creamy mashed potatoes and vegan gravy, cranberry relish, pumpkin bread pudding

Can't forget the desserts and drinks!
vegan pumpkin pie, apple with pumpkin pie dip, gingerbread cake, chocolate Neapolitan cake, Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea in Pumpkin Spice (I bought some!) and egg nog.

hot and fresh apple Cider

Some nice decorations :)

Bavarian Pretzel Sticks - I love the spicy mustard!

Pork, Chorizo and Bacon Meatballs - my sister wanted these and I am glad we agreed to it - they were amazing!

Girls Night at Humble Wine Bar
Cheese Board - Humboldt Fog, Rogue Smokey Blue, Cabot Clothbound Cheddar, Reading Raclette, Beemster Gouda XO served with honey, fig jam (my favorite!), nuts, housemade crackers and baguette 

Shrimp Neapolitan-Style Pizza with roasted garlic, calabrian chiles, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil.  And us girls ordered it extra spicy

Sunday Lunch at Wild Mango
sweet pea and scallop soup - my favorite soup is spilt pea, so I loved this!

Baked Japanese Eggplant - roasted tomato with basil and Mozzarella 

Dessert
Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream  - I just love the presentation!

This is why I love the weekends!  Such good food :) 

I decided that since my week is so super busy still - I am going to change What's In My Bowl Wednesday to What's In My Bowl Weekend!  You can expect that post every Sunday night!  I also will have a post tonight about What I Ate Wednesday - it is just too good to skip and a post about a charity event I went to Thursday will be a part of my weekend post that will be written Monday :)

Have a happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment