Sunday, November 10, 2013

Past Week In Pictures

So, it's been a tough week and I have been lacking in posts - here is an update on what my week looked like from Saturday, November 2nd to Friday, November 8th.  Enjoy :)

Saturday - November 2 - Dia de Muertos Cleveland 2013
















Lunch - Rincon Criollo 
Empanadilla - chicken

Relleno 

El Famoso Jibarito - a tasty steak tip sandwich topped with lettuce, tomato, swiss cheese and mayo (got mine on the side and didn't use it) served between two strips of fried plantains.  Best sandwich I've ever had!! 

Guineos con Bacalao - cornmeal with cod fish

Flan - caramel custard.  This flan was so delicious and fluffy.  (too many places have such dense and heavy flan)

Parade watching from Gypsy Beans and Baking Co
White chocolate pumpkin scone

Apple tart

Chai Tea - my favorite tea ever!

 Dia de Muertos cookie

Dia de Muertos Parade





Sunday - Deagan's Kitchen and Bar - Midday Dessert 
Pumpkin Fritters - When it comes to pumpkin, calories are irrelevant (not true, but it was worth it)

Part of my lunch Thursday - thanks to a mid-week Earth Fare trip!
 Earth Fare doesn't have a 0g sugar Greek yogurt like Whole Foods - but, The Greek Gods Traditional Plain had the lowest - 5g and it is very fluffy!  A substitute I will gladly accept on occasion ;)

Earth Fare pre-made veggie samoas with mango chutney - super yummy!

Thursday after-school pick-me-up from Lilly Handmade Chocolates in Tremont
Thursday was the worst day of my teaching career EVER and these lovely little chocolates helped cheer me up - check out Lilly's today!  Seriously the best truffles ever!  I was balling my eyes out and these truffles did help a bit :)


**photos courtesy of Mason's Creamery instagram, clefoodies instagram, and CleveScene.com - I was too busy sampling to take pictures!*

Delicious ice cream from Mason's Creamery (of course)!  Dark chocolate with raspberry sauce, Vietnamese coffee with sweetened condensed milk, vanilla with chocolate or peanut butter magic shell - which I have the recipe for thanks to Mason's!, and vegan olive oil.  Everything was delicious!!!

Cheese pizza - Crust in Tremont - the best local pizza!

Sushi - Benihana

Cleveland Whiskey - I tried the Christmas - Whiskey is certainly not for me!




Fears' Confections - delicious dark chocolate sea salt caramels!  Amazing!

Shrimp tacos - spicy :)

Pure Delite - Guilt-Free Cupcakery!  I had the pumpkin roll - yummmmm!

Pita and hummus




Lunch Friday 
 Naanwich - Chicken Masala - so delicious and spicy!

I had to go back (because my wallet was missing Thursday) for my carefully selected truffles:
 Pumpkin Cranberry Crisp - pumpkin pie ganache + cinnamon cranberry reduction + vanilla bean granola + milk chocolate, Cheers Truffle - pink champagne + blackberry powder + confectioners sugar + dark chocolate, Frou Frou Truffle - blood orange juice + passion fruit + white chocolate, Jimmie Truffle - triple chocolate ganache + vanilla bean + rainbow sprinkles + dark chocolate

Obviously, I would need three of the Pumpkin Cranberry Crisp - I almost filled the entire box with it! I only eat one at a time - I had a pumpkin one Friday and still have the rest in the freezer - I am saving one for each school day this week for when I need a sweet pick-me-up and I know I will need at least ten a day, but that is too much chocolate for the lifestyle I want to maintain.  

Luckily, I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day - so only a 4-day school week!! And, Tuesday is my shortened day :D  I will be posting about my weekend and day off tomorrow!  Hope you all have a great day off tomorrow or if you're working - I hope you have a great day, too!



2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Great pictures from Dia de Muertos. Lucky that you have the day off today, I'm at work and school today :( It was great seeing you Friday night, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love! It was great seeing you, too!

      Delete