Sunday, November 10, 2013

WIMBW - Late Plate Edition

Hello!  I did it again :(  Adjusting to this new job is effecting every aspect of my life lately... it's getting really tough.  I am behind on so many posts and different things I just need to get done.

But, the first post I need to make sure I catch up on is my WIMBW post!  I am excited about this post - I decided to change it up a bit this week.  I decided to plate my oatmeal by create an oatcake/pancake!  There is a oatmeal pancake recipe in Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal - but, it is definitely a recipe I don't want to try.  I completely made this recipe up as I went and I knew I would love it :)

Jessica's Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat(pan)cake

Ingredients

1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp protein powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
drizzle honey
1 egg
1 banana, sliced
3-5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk - as needed
1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp all-natural (homemade) peanut butter

Step 1:  Add 1/2 cup oats to a medium bowl

Step 2: Add 1 tbsp flax seeds

Step 3: Add1 tbsp protein powder, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon

Step 4: Add drizzle honey

Step 5: Add 1 egg

Step 6: Add banana slices

Step 7: Add 3-5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (as needed - not too dry and not too moist)

Step 8: Heat skillet on medium-high with 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp coconut oil and brown the pancake on both sides.  Top with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
Not super pretty because I do not have a spatula big enough to flip a giant pancake!

I love oatcakes!  My oatcake was so filling and delicious.  I really like how the bananas make this oatcake creamy and delicious!  And, the peanut butter adds such a delicious twist - it is like my Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup on a plate!  I am not sure which I enjoy more - I think it depends on the morning :)  I will definitely be making this again - I can even make it the night before and heat it up in the morning to save time.

Lunch

My friend made some delicious homemade protein bars and shared one with me :)  It was delicious and I will get the recipe!

Wild Garden Snack Combo - My go-to during the week 

Had to give in to Yoplait because of a delayed grocery trip - I went later that night ;)
It's amazing how much of a difference 7 grams of sugar makes :/

A delicious organic apple!

 Dinner - Earth Fare

Delicious!! 

I love samosas and just had to try the vegan Indian one and I loved it!!

Dessert 
Mini chocolate cupcake from Earth Fare - right before a barre workout!

I will definitely be making a huge effort to post my WIMBW on Wednesday this week :)  This job is literally stealing my energy from everything I love - it's been so hard this past month.   I can honestly say with what I put up with on a daily basis - I do not want to have children any time soon...which is super sad, because having a family is all I've ever wanted.  If anyone has ever experienced this as a teacher and survived, any tips or suggestions are welcome!

 I will be posting about this past weekend and within the next hour so I can play catch-up - I try to do as much as I can during the weekend and whatever "free" night I get to keep me sane.








No comments:

Post a Comment