Saturday, November 2, 2013

WIMBW - Weekend Edition

Happy WIMBW - weekend edition!  I am getting really bad at this!  School is just draining me - I have such behavior issues with some of the kids (because of the area I am in) that I just come home exhausted.  All I do during the week is teach, plan, manage terrible behaviors, workout, coach, and sleep.  Which is why specific posts come late or I don't post at all.  And which is also why I make sure to get out and have a fun weekend - or I would become a depressed blob :)

So, my WIMBW recipe is by far my favorite one yet!  And get this, the recipe does not contain peanut butter OR chocolate ;)  I was looking through Jenny Grothe's 75 Ways To Love Your Oatmeal for something different than what I typically would create.  I turned to page 166 - almost the last page! - and found her Key Lime Baked Oatmeal - which is one of my favorite desserts!  I was definitely impatient for the 30 minutes that this oatmeal needed to bake - so I did some Zumba Core on the wii to pass the time :)

Key Lime Pie Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

1/2 cup oats
1/2 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 banana, sliced
1 tbsp raw coconut crystals
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 Hail Merry Blonde Macaroon, crumbled or 1 graham cracker sheet, crumbled

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350

Step 2: In an oven-proof bowl, add 1/2 cup oats

Step 3: Add 1/2 tbsp flax seeds and 1 tbsp protein powder

Step 4: Add 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup water

Step 5: Add 1/2 tbsp honey

Step 6: Add 3 tbsp lime juice

Step 7: Add 1/4 tsp baking powder

Step 8: Add banana slices and bake for 30 minutes

Step 9: Combine 1 tbsp raw coconut crystals, 1/2 tbsp cinnamon and 1 Hail Merry Blonde Macaroon, crumbled.  Sprinkle over top of Key Lime Pie Baked Oatmeal once the timer rings.

I LOVE KEY LIME PIE!!  This Key Lime Pie Baked Oatmeal was so delicious and creamy.  The topping gave the perfect amount of crunch and sweetness to a refreshing oatmeal.  I really enjoyed this oatmeal and it definitely reminded me of my lovely, limey dessert - I may add a bit more lime next time.  I was so surprised that this would be my favorite baked oatmeal by far!  I think I may add this crumbled topping to more baked oatmeal recipes :)  The crumble definitely added something special - I would probably still enjoy this oatmeal without it though!  I cannot wait to make this one again!!

Lunch

Frozen grapes - mini popsicles :)




Dinner

I was so hungry that I forgot to take pictures of my taco bowl, but I did remember to take a picture of my...


Dessert
Churned Ice Cream - One scoop Salty White Chocolate Caramel and one scoop Honey - Ohio honey ice cream and honeycomb peanut brittle - my new favorite ice cream!!

Well, I had a great food Wednesday - my lunches can only be so exciting with a half hour lunch break. But at least I can pack foods I really like - I am definitely not a sandwich person and obviously I say no to fast food :)

Well, have a great weekend!  I am some awesome events I am attending this weekend and I cannot wait to share!












No comments:

Post a Comment