Friday, December 27, 2013

A Sad Goodbye. A New Hello.

So....it's been awhile since my last post.  A lot has gone on in the last two weeks.  I wanted to post about my weekend (Dec 14-15), but that Monday evening I went to the animal hospital with my little sister - our cat, Jat, recently lost a lot of weight and wasn't eating or drinking and was walking funny - and we had to put our cat down that night :(

Tiffany keeping Jat comfortable and warm

Holding Jat in the patient room

Saying goodbye to the little furball

Jat with his catheter 

Bartels Busack Pet Hospital Resort and Spa was simply amazing.  They took us the same night and have extending evening hours.  We were there for two hours - they do not rush the appointment or any decisions that need to be made.  They made the process as stress-free as possible - even though nothing could make putting down Jat any more easier or any less sad.  Tiffany and I were a mess that night - so hard to say goodbye to a pet that we've had for 15 years - he became a part of the family.  

We went two days without Jat before getting a new one.  It was just so weird coming home to nothing greeting us.  My mom came home Tuesday evening and when she yelled "puppy!" and Kevin (Ashley's boyfriend) came walking out instead, my mom said we need a new one.  On Wednesday, my sisters and I went to Pick of the Litter to meet Simon.  We don't like people names for pets, so when I said Simon, it instantly reminded me of Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks.  We decided to name him Theodore so we can call him Teddy Bear.  He is so sweet and has really warmed up to us in the past week.  He is so cute and playful!








I really miss Jat, but Teddy is making it a lot easier to deal with!  

Besides dealing with Jat and getting a new cat last week, I was also really sick and busy with school and cheer.  I then went out of town to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Pittsburgh on my first day of break and just got back from Christmas festivities yesterday.  I will post tomorrow about my Christmas fun!  I hope you all had a good Christmas or holiday depending on what that is.  I also hope you had a great time of family and friends!  

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I'm sorry for your loss, I don't know what I would do with out my girl Karlee! <3 Stay strong girly and just remember all the best times you had with Jat <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's getting easier - I never knew how hard it would be to say goodbye to a pet!

      Delete