Well, with school starting back up it has been nearly impossible to take the time to post. School has been very busy with preparing report cards and administering the NWEA (MAP) testing. I have also been busy getting my girls ready for our pep rally next Friday. I feel like I am bring pulled so many different directions because I also need family/friend time and me time.
Anyway, I have been thinking about the goals I have made for myself in the new year and I want to share my progress towards each.
1. Keep a regular workout schedule: I have not done this - not regularly anyway. When I get a chance I do a dance workout or lots of squats. I keep making excuses about being too tired or busy - I need to make it a point to workout while catching up on my shows! I also finally recieved my 6 Barre DVDs so I am definitely excited to put my new "barre studio" to work!
2. Make healthy choices - I have done this - not through the Daniel Fast (I will have to time my own after grocery shopping or else I will just go hungry)! I have been saying no more to sweets and carbs - which is what works best for my body!
3. Get closer to God - I have been praying more. I just need to get in the word more often and make time to get involved with a Connect Group at church (after pep rally I will have my Thursdays back).
4. Figure out my career - I have a few options within reach, but too early to know which direction I will be moving.
5. To have as much fun as I can - I have been enjoying myself even though everything that I am really looking forward to lies ahead. I have been enjoying the city of Cleveland and my 3 snows days - more to come probably next week :) And I just reserved my floating mat for one of the islands and bought my pass to the floating water park! I also just booked a weeklong trip to NC/SC with my family after spring break!
6. Make better financial decisions - I have definitely been doing this. I am no longer impulse buying or giving in to my (what we like to call) "want monster". I am very proud of myself and am excited to continue my journey with Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University.
I am not as disciplined in all areas that I have goals, but earlier this week my principal talked about One Little Word. Every year people make resolution(s) or things they want to change about themselves and by January those resolutions are forgotten. Instead, pick One Word to focus on and means something to you. This little word will stick with you and help you achieve the results to reach you goal(s).
After looking back at my goals, I have chosen the word FLOURISH. v. to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, esp. as the result of a particularly favorable environment. n. an instance of suddenly performing or developing in an impressively successful way. I want to flourish in every area of my life and especially in the goals I have for myself. God wants us to flourish and I am going to flourish with his help. FLOURISH will help me stay on track with all of my goals! I am going to etsy to get a nice (vintage-inspired) necklace with FLOURISH engraved on it :)
I suggest you join me in picking a word to help you accomplish and focus on achieving what you want in life - from anywhere to health and wellness to financial peace to career goals.
A few more words I was contemplating - strength, results, accomplish and thrive. There are so many encouraging words out there!
Have a great week! I hope to get on sometime soon to share my barre workouts! I also have a few local restaurants to share with you :)