Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Quit My Job, Now What?


Well, I quit my job after spending most of my summer trying to recoup from the past school year.  This is huge!  I hate making big decisions, but after a lot of time spent thinking and worrying I decided to do what's best for me and my well-being.  I had to take a huge hop-jump-leap of faith and trust God to stop being afraid of the unknown.  And I figured this would be the perfect time to begin blogging again...I was so tired from the crazy school year and stressed about returning that I did not want to start back up when the school year ended.


I am going to continue with the Cleveland theme - I still love Cleveland and all of the great things the city has given me to do this summer.  But, I am also going to be writing about my new chapter in life - the awesomeness of finding my passion and what I want to do with the rest of my (hopefully short) working life, the struggle of having a small income, and all the free and cheap things Cleveland has to offer (let's face it, I always need to be doing something).

I am hoping you will join me on this journey.  I also hope that I will be able to help someone (or more) with making a career change or that push to follow your dreams.  I welcome any advice or job leads you may have.


My first step in what may be a long process is to list my passions, interest and talents in a completely random order!  I hope I (or you) can help me figure out what career I should pursue...I am hoping someone can think of an awesome career choice for me!  I believe that other points of view create wonderful ideas.

1. fitness
2. health
3. cooking/baking
4. booty barre instructor
5. reading
6. writing
7. Cleveland
8. Pittsburgh - weird to love both cities!
9. football
10. hockey
11. performing
12. events
13. food - especially healthy and organic
14. travel
15. promoting the things I love and believe in
16. relationship with God
17. exploring cultures
18. meeting new people

I think this is a good start and a good list.  Now, onto the hard part of figuring out what I can do with one or a combination of these things.  Something good will come from this list.

Have you ever made a career decision without a back up plan?  Any ideas of career paths I can take?

Also, if you need something to do this weekend...think beachfest or fundraiser market!  Plus other options...will be posting your weekend guide to Cleveland/NEO tomorrow!  Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you did it! I cannot believe you quit, but I am happy for you because I know you weren't happy. And I'm really glad that you are getting back into blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have missed blogging and am so happy to not have to stress about going back to that school :)

      Delete